|| Navigate: |
|| Bookmark site: | |
|| Comments: | || Share this post: |
Positives from #Cubs 2017 season:|
- Cubs won the National League Central Division for the second year in a row.
- Cubs made the playoffs for the third year in a row.
- Also third year in a row to reach the National League Championship Series.
- The Cubs scored 822 runs, topping 800 runs for the second season in a row,
- Team belted 223 home runs, second-highest single total in franchise history.
- For the first time in club history, six players reached the 20-homer mark:
- - Anthony Rizzo 32 HRs, 156 hits, 32 doubles
- - Kyle Schwarber 30 HRs, 16 doubles
- - Kris Bryant 29 HRs , 162 hits, 38 doubles
- - Ian Happ 24 HRs, 17 doubles
- - Javier Baez 22 HRs, 128 hits, 24 doubles
- - Willson Contreras 21 HRs, 17 doubles
- The Cubs also set a Major League record with five 20-homer seasons by players age 25 or younger
(Bryant, Contreras, Happ, Schwarber and Baez).
- 9 players were in double digits in HR total.
- Rizzo drove in 109 runs, the most by any left-handed batter in the Majors.
Now compare all of that to the #Cardinals and #WhiteSox. Feel better?